The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), a leading academic health center, invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE), non-tenure clinical track position in the Department of Pediatrics, Children’s Learning Institute at McGovern Medical School.
The selected candidate will contribute to the department’s mission to educate health science professionals, discover and translate advances in the biomedical and social sciences, and model the best practices in clinical care and public health through high-level responsibilities: research, teaching, clinical service, administrative activities, and other service.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Conduct comprehensive inpatient and outpatient neuropsychological
evaluations of adults and children, including interviewing patients and determining, administering, and scoring the psychological and neuropsychological tests needed to
address the referral question.
2. Write detailed reports containing relevant history, test results, and summary
and interpretation of findings for presentation to the referral source. Make
recommendations regarding remediation, including psychiatric referrals,
where appropriate. Provide feedback to patients regarding findings.
3. Provide specific neuropsychological services to the adult and child epilepsy
surgery programs at McGovern Medical School, UTHealth, including
conducting pre- and post-operative neuropsychological testing, performing
Wada and intra- and extra-operative cortical mapping studies, and
participating in weekly case conferences.
4. Maintain patient records and databases for clinical and research purposes.
5. Initiate original research and support faculty research projects.
6. Supervise pre-doctoral practicum students and post-doctoral fellows
completing rotations within the Center for Clinical Neurosciences.
Qualified applicants must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, discovery and service, have potential to be outstanding in their field of expertise, and share an interest in fulfilling the common goals of McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. Preferred applicants will have completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology, possess a current license to practice Psychology in the State of Texas, and have experience in the neuropsychological evaluation of both children and adults. Experience in pre-operative evaluations of candidates for epilepsy surgery, including cognitive mapping and Wada procedures, would be particularly valuable.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
The Rehabilitation Psychology/Neuropsychology Department of TIRR Memorial Hermann in Houston, Texas is now recruiting for a full-time clinical neuropsychologist. TIRR Memorial Hermann is an internationally recognized leader in rehabilitation, providing state-of-the-art stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, and neurodegenerative rehabilitation programs in a supportive, patient-centered environment. The TIRR Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Network is a citywide network of rehabilitation facilities that serves patients from local, national, and international locations.
- Neuropsychologists provide assessment, intervention, and consultative services as part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary team serving a variety of clinical populations (CVA, amputee, orthopedics, complex medical conditions, and brain injury).
- The Rehabilitation Psychology/Neuropsychology department serves as a teaching location for students from multiple institutions in the greater Houston area, included predoctoral psychology interns in the APA-accredited training program of Baylor College of Medicine. TIRR also offers an APPCN-credentialed Fellowship program in Clinical Neuropsychology. Our neuropsychologists are actively involved in these training programs.
- Candidates will primarily be located at the TIRR Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center location and will provide neuropsychology services and support for the Brain Injury/Stroke Program. Additionally, candidates will have opportunities to provide support to other locations within the TIRR Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Network.
You can view and apply for this position at:
Please contact Cody Carson, Ph.D. at Cody.Carson@memorialhermann.org if you have any questions.